I am so angry right now I am fuming. I just came across a video shared by a certain perfect human being which he filmed himself. The video consists of a poor woman who, for some reason had to resort to cleaning her baby and changing his nappy on a central strip.
The caption reads:
Changing the child’s nappy. The security had to stop her. Baby totally naked among the cars and buses ‘ fumes. Incredible.
Here are 7 reasons I am so angry about this.
If the guy filming genuinely believed the mother was doing wrong by exposing the baby to fumes (which – hello! – she would be doing anyway if the baby was in the stroller), then he should have offered to help her himself instead of filming her.
2. Oh and he also mentioned that the baby is naked. Well HELLO! How much worse is filming the whole thing and sharing it on Facebook for the whole world to see!
3. She is doing something that is not fun to do. Cleaning what probably is a disgustingly gooey poop off her baby’s bum and back, and this guy is standing there judging her and shaking his saintly head.
4. I have no idea why she stopped to change her baby on the central strip and yes, I must admit, it may not have been the most ideal place, but when your ears have been exposed to moaning and crying all day and night (which sometimes happens with babies) your brain can play funny tricks on you.
5. Could it be that she was on the bus and she could not change the nappy, so she had to go down to change her baby and go back up on the bus? I don’t know, but if I was there I would have asked the poor lady not filmed her and shared the video, shaming and judging her in front of the whole world!
6. I would judge a mum who DOES NOT clean her baby’s nappy! Not one that does! Mr Vince Antoinette, I hate to break it to you, maybe you never had to clean a nappy yourself and you think it may be fun. Newflash – it is not. It sucks.
7. The baby looks healthy and happy! Oh and unfortunately buses and cars are around us everywhere and being naked does not make us inhale more fumes!
I just am so so angry about this. Sometimes I tell myself I may be making a fuss when I say that mums are judged whatever they do, but instances like this just prove how right I am. Give mums a break! And for God’s sake if you see something you do not approve of, go and deal with the situation! Do not film it and share it on Facebook.
What are you thinking you could possibly achieve by filming and sharing it? A pat on the back saying PROSIT! People rallying to organizing a ‘stoning to death for this woman’? Clearly not. Most of the comments on your video are disagreeing with you, but still the damage has been done and the video got over 200 shares!