Oh the places you’ll go…..summer holiday edition. Coming up in today’s installment: A swimming pool.
The weather is quickly heating up! So nowadays we dash out of the house early loaded with bags, towels, sunscreen and SNACKS, ready to meet our friends at a public pool somewhere.
The perfect place for the adults to sit in the shade, chat and relax and for the kids to swim, play and exhaust themselves. Sound familiar?
Most importantly I make sure, as always, that I’m armed with tasty and nutritious snacks to nourish and satisfy my active little swimmers. These bite-sized, gluten-free power biscuits are the perfect pool pick me up!
RECIPE: Gluten-Free Power Biscuits
- 2 tbsp. Chia seeds
- 5 tbsp Water
- 85g Sunflower seeds
- 95g Pumpkin Seeds
- 110g Almonds
- 110g Tapioca flour
- 110g Coconut oil
- 50-100g Honey / Maple Syrup
- 2 tbsp cacao
- Line a tray with baking paper and pre-heat the oven to 180°C..
- Place 2 tbsp chia seeds and 5 tbsp water into a little cup to start ‘gelling’.
- Add sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds and almonds into a blender / Thermomix until they turn into a course flour-like consistency (If using the Thermomix set at Speed 8 for 10 seconds)
- In blender / Thermomix add tapioca starch, chia mix, coconut oil, cacao, honey and combined (If using the Thermomix set at Speed 8 for 15 seconds.)
- Roll into small balls and then press down and place on the tray.
Hint: wet your hands or use a bit of coconut oil, as it makes the rolling easier.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes. They get harder on cooling.
Holiday treat: add a dark chocolate drop in the centre.
Stainless steel lunchbox available from Lunch Box Love Malta