These tuna and veggie patties are super easy to make and very convenient, since most people almost always have the necessary ingredients in the pantry and fridge.
They can be served warm or cold, on their own or even in a sandwich.
The recipe is by the lovely Zoe Chircop, a mum of two who loves creating healthy dishes and is on her way to becoming a qualified nutritional therapist.
- 3 x medium potatoes peeled & chopped;
- 3 x medium carrots peeled & chopped;
- 1/2 broccoli finely chopped;
- 2 cans tuna in olive oil (make sure to drain the oil)
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg white
- Steam/boil carrots & potatoes;
- Add the broccoli in the last 5 minutes;
- Remove any water from the vegetables & mash them with a potato masher;
- Place the tuna & quinoa in a bowl;
- Add the vegetables, egg white & breadcrumbs (leaving a little to sprinkle onto the patties) together with the tuna, quinoa and mix well;
- Scoop the mixture using a spoon onto the palms of your hands to make patties;
- Place the patties onto a lined/greased dish;
- Bake on 180 degrees for 30 mins or until brown.
Great for kids dinner or for lunch boxes !