This beef stew recipe by Erika Fiorini, is deliciously heart-warming and is suitable for all the family. It takes around an hour to make but it is well worth the effort. An idea would be to prepare it in the evening and serve it the next day since the flavour improves, the longer it sits.
The recipe can also be blended and served to babies and young children.
- Coat the beef in plain flour and fry in very little oil until browned.
- Add the onions and potatoes and mix together in the pan.
- Add the cubes, water, peas and carrot and mix.
- Cook on low heat for around 1 hour, until the vegetables are cooked and the meat is falling apart.
- Mix regularly to avoid sticking.
Thanks to Erika Fiorini, fellow mum and founder of Wish Cakes, Cupcakes and Desserts for the recipe.
This beef stew would go nicely with a bowl of delicious rice.