When you are lacking inspiration in the kitchen, this tortilla pizza, is a delicious healthy meal or snack that all the family is sure to devour. The super simple recipe is by our lovely guest contributor Erika Fiorini, founder of Wish-Cakes, Cupcakes and Desserts.
- 4 x tortilla wraps
- 200g tomato passata or sugo
- Basil sauce
You can make your own basil oil sauce by placing 2 x cups basil leaves, 3/4 cup olive oil, 1 x garlic clove, and a pinch of salt in a blender and mix until you have smooth sauce.
- Spinach leaves
- Spread some tomato and basil sauce on the wraps;
- Add the baby spinach leaves;
- Add the shredded mozzarella and red Leicester cheese to add some colour and flavour;
- Bake at 200 degrees celsius for about 5-8 minutes or until crispy;
- Let cool, slice and serve;
You can add any other of your family’s favourite ingredients on the tortilla.
This is also a great alternative to bread for your kids’ lunchbox.