This recipe is a great alternative to sausage rolls, using chicken and vegetables as a filling. They are super easy to make and great for kids’ parties.
1 x sheet of puff pastry;
400g minced chicken breast;
1 x teaspoon sage;
1/2 x teaspoon coriander;
1/2 x teaspoon salt;
1 x egg;
1 x tablespoon sesame seeds;
- 1 medium carrot – grated;
- 1 medium broccoli floret – chopped finely;
- 1/2 courgette – grated;
You can add any vegetables to the mixture as long as they are not too wet.
1. Mix all ingredients in a bowl;
2. Cut the sheet of pastry in half and place the chicken mince evenly on each half;
3. Roll the pastry over the chicken mince and press slightly with a fork to secure it is closed. Cut small incisions on each roll to avoid splitting.
4. Place in a dish & coat with a little bit of milk;
Optional: If you wish you may also brush with beaten egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds to add some crunch.
5. Cook for 30 mins on 180 degrees;
6. Let cool before cutting into single portions depending on your size preference and serve.