This recipe is a really simple way to incorporate broccoli in your kids’ diet and tastes delicious too.
Perfect for for kids’ dinner or even school lunch boxes!
1 x medium sized bunch of broccoli
1 & 1/2 x cups (510g) x grated cheddar
1/2 cup (170g)x breadcrumbs
1 x egg
1 x teaspoon olive oil
1 x teaspoon parsley
1. Steam broccoli for 10 mins;
How do I steam broccoli? Snap the broccoli into medium-sized florets. It’s important to make them an even size so they all cook at the same rate. Put the florets into a steamer or colander set over a pan of boiling water. Cover with a lid or tight-fitting foil andsteam for 5 mins
2. Chop broccoli very finely;
3. Mix broccoli, grated cheese, parsley, egg, breadcrumbs & olive oil in a bowl;
4. Mix well;
5. Spoon the mixture out and create the shape you want with your hands;
6. Place the bites into a lined dish (this makes it easier to clean later on);
7. Cook on 180 degrees for 35 minutes, or until they begin to brown slightly
8. Once ready let them cool before serving
Warning: These are addictive!!