This sugar-free snack has no added sugar and is ideal for snacking for both adults and children.
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 apples
- 1 large orange
- 2 cups oats
- 2 tbsp raisins
- 2 tbsp chopped nuts
- 2 tbsp chopped dates
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees
- Mash bananas
- Grate apples ( Zoe suggests leaving thee peel on for extra fiber)
- Grate & squeeze orange
- Place the oats, mashed banana, orange zest, orange juice, grated apples, raisins, dates, nuts and cinnamon into a bowl and mix well.
If you plan on putting these in your child’s lunchbox, remove the nuts from the recipe.
- Line a dish with baking paper and place the mixture in the dish making sure it is spread out evenly.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven for 40 mins
- Once cooked let it cool for 20 mins & cut into oat bars.
And voila a delicious healthy snack for you and your family:
Zoe Chircop is a mum of two who loves creating healthy dishes and is on her way to becoming a qualified nutritional therapist.
Join her group MyBetterMe – MyKitchen by Zoe for more inspirational meal and snack ideas.