Valentine’s day is round the corner and if you are a parent, then it is very likely that you have not yet got round to deciding what you will be getting your better half or better yet, if you will be getting anything at all.
As ‘adults’ we tend to play down Valentine’s day as an occasion that is for young couples and which older couples should not participate in. Yet when the date gets closer and closer, most of us feel a wave of panic because after all, maybe, it is not such a bad idea to take the time to show our loved one some romance.
Having said all this, if there is one thing we know here at BuzyMummy, it is that time to shop around for a gift is very limited, especially when you have kids. So in honour of all the busy dads out there, we have listed our top 10 gift ideas (okay it’s more than 10 but who is counting?) for mums this mother’s day, courtesy of Monsoon (Sliema and Valletta) and Accessorize (Valletta, Sliema and Pama). Enjoy 🙂
1. Luxurious Scarf and Statement Necklace. Sometimes all you need to make an outfit look luxurious and stylish is a statement necklace and stunning burgundy faux fur scarf, both available from Accessorize until stocks last.
2. Floral fold-over clutch bag – Embellished with colourful sequins, beads and crystal gems, this exquisite clutch bag will stand out against any outfit. We paired it with a beautiful silver and rose-gold plaited collar necklace, also by Accessorize.
3. Heart-shaped gifts for mother and daughter: We love the idea of extending gifts to include the family on Valentine’s day. This heart-shaped necklace is ideal for mum and the heart-shaped earrings are a cute gift for special little girls.
Kids earrings with LOVE written on them – €2.90 –Accessorize
Necklace for mum: €6.90 – Accessorize
Heart-shaped padlock – Butlers.
4. A dress for a special evening. It is a fact that men are generally wary of buying clothes for their better half. Reason? The risk of getting the size wrong.
Solution: Take a dress that you know your partner wears regularly, with you to the shop and you cannot go wrong. BuzyMummy tip: to be safe, always err on the smaller side 😉
We love this V-neck dress because of its flattering shape, pretty colour and lovely bold lace detail.
Blue dress with lace detail: €168.00 – Monsoon
5. Bangles and coffee – No time to go out for a date this Valentine’s day? Treat her to a coffee break, and some gorgeous bangles and rings.
6.Lace for Valentine’s – We love this Victoriana style, high-necked floral lace blouse, adorned with frilled trims and full-length cuffed sleeves. The long-length brushstroke scarf is another great gift idea.
7 – Lady in red – What is Valentine’s day without a touch of red? This stylish red pair of shoes, with a walk-able heel height and small platform for maximum comfort, will look great whether paired with a jeans and blouse or a little black dress. The scallop clutch bag is ideal for special occasions.
8 Birds and flowers – Not a fan of buying flowers for Valentine’s? This pretty ‘Kyoto across body bag’ adorned with birds and flowers in a pastel palette is a great alternative.
9. For the minimalist – For those who love the crisp, clean look, this Nora backpack is effortlessly cool and very practical with a simple flap closure, drawstring top, two side pockets, a top handle and adjustable shoulder straps for the perfect fit.
10. Sophisticated sparkle: Most women love getting dolled up once in a while. Check out these sophisticated strappy diamente sandals with a metallic silver finish. To complement her sparkly feet, you cannot go wrong with this embellished envelope clutch bag.
Dipped leaf long pendant necklace: €12.90 –Accessorize
Dipped leaf earrings: €15.90 –Accessorize
We hope you liked our picks, follow us on Facebook to keep updated with Buzymummy.com.