I am not a make-up guru, not a make-up artist and I am certainly not a beauty blogger. So when I was invited to Flormar’s store launch, I was happy to attend, because I am a woman, a woman who loves fashion and beauty and who is currently very sleep-deprived. So any chance to discover methods of making my face look more presentable is very welcome in my books.
At the event, I was surrounded by beauty bloggers and make-up gurus and at first I did feel like the odd mum out. I mean these are people who flawlessly apply winged eyeliner – a skill which for the life of me I have never managed to master.
The person behind Flormar in Malta, Armand Grech told us a little about the history of the brand, which originated in Milan, Italy and is present in more than 90 countries ranging from Cambodia to New York, from Tanzania to Paris and from Austria to Greece.
I was surrounded by beauty bloggers and make-up gurus …people who flawlessly apply winged eyeliner – a skill which for the life of me I have never managed to master.
Mr. Grech explained that when he came across the brand, even though, as he admitted he is not an expert in the field, he immediately recognised its potential and I could see why. These are top quality products and best of all, the prices are incredibly accessible which is good news especially when you have a daughter who loves raiding your makeup bag.
So you can imagine my glee, when at the end of the event I was given a goody bag full of lovely beauty products from Flormar, handed over to me by one of the very sweet sales assistants.
Here are my top 5 products which I had the pleasure of trying out:
- Flormar Double Radiance Primer Highlighter SPF 10. I never thought of buying such a product but placing just a little bit on cheekbones, gives that lovely ‘glow’ we are told we have when we are pregnant.
- Flormar Rotating Mascara. This mascara is great! It actually has an inbuilt mechanism that makes the brush rotate by 360° so you don’t have to worry if you are applying mascara correctly; it does the job for you.
- Flormar Long Wearing Lipstick. With me, most long-wearing lipsticks just don’t stay on. This product actually stood the test of time.
- Flormar Eyebrow Primer. Again, not a product I would have bought for myself, but it is really effective in shaping the eyebrows and apparently it has Jojoba oil which moisturizes and nourishes the skin.
- Flormar Miracle pen slim touch. As I said earlier, I am crap at applying liquid eyeliner. I must say with this product (no joke) I found it really easy to apply and I love its matt finish (less mess).