These cookies are ideal for when the little ones (and us mummies) want a treat as they are sweet and delicious, but nutritious at the same time.
All you need are:
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 cup oats
- 4 pitted prunes, chopped,
- A dozen fresh blueberries, chopped (optional);
Note: you can replace the prunes and blueberries with any fruit you prefer such as strawberries, raspberries or apricots.
To prepare the cookies follow these three simple steps:
- Mash the banana and add the oats and fruit. Mix altogether in a large bowl.
- Line a baking sheet and place each tablespoonful of the mixture next to each other allowing some space.
- Flatten and bake for 15 minutes on 180 degrees Celsius.
You can bake for longer to make the cookies crunchier but if giving them to toddlers it’s better to keep soft.