We often complain in Malta of having very limited places to go with young children, especially when it comes to outdoor spaces. However if one looks close enough there are some super locations where we could enjoy some quality time with our kids. One of these places is the Marsascala Family Park.
The first time we visited was last winter and I was truly impressed. We recently visited again and had a great time. The only complaint I have (only on the second visit) is that the top part of the large play area was meant to be closed off for maintenance however children could easily access it (even we did) which does not make sense since some parts were clearly not meant to be used especially for very young children without adult supervision. However all in all it was great fun and here are 5 reasons why.
1) The size. Living on such a small island, we are somewhat limited when it comes to large open spaces. This park offers just that – large beautiful, open spaces. In fact the actual park is massive however I am only qualified to talk about the large play area which you are seeing in the images as that is the only place I have been to. I will try and visit other parts in the future and give my feedback on these areas too.
2) It’s in the countryside. Yes the air is fresh and there is lots of greenery around. Definitely a plus for an outing for the family in Malta.
3) It caters for different ages. Kids from the age of one, even up to teenage years could have a blast at this family park. There is a play area for young toddlers as well as an adventurous zip-line ride for older children
4) You can even have a picnic. Yes there are areas where you can set up your picnic and enjoy a snack with your family…such fun.
5) It’s not just a playground. There is a football pitch, a mini-basketball pitch, a sand-pit and more – fun for everyone really.
The images below are of the area that is currently under maintenance so I believe instead of the white dust there will eventually be turf.
This really was a fun outing and we will definitely be back.
Hope you found this helpful, if you have any more ideas on where to go with kids in Malta please comment below. Like the BuzyMummy Facebook page for more insightful articles and posts.