This dish is really simple to prepare and absolutely delicious. All you need are:
- 4 x Chicken breast fillets cut in strips and then cut in half (In a rush? Try Green Valley Roasted Chicken Strips)
- 2 onions – finely chopped
- Carton single cream – 300g
- 200g Fresh broccoli cut into small florets, stems thinly sliced
- 150g frozen peas
- 150g sweetcorn
- Grated cheese
- Olive oil
- 400g penne pasta.
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- Preheat the oven to 190C/gas 5/fan170C.
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Throw in the pasta, stir well and return to the boil. Cook until al dente and drain well.
- Place chopped onions in a pan with some sunflower oil and cook until golden.
- Add chicken strips and fry until lightly browned.
- Add peas, broccoli and sweetcorn and cook for 10 minutes
- Add the Bechamel sauce and stir for 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the sauce on the pasta, stirring gently until coated.
- Pour the mixture in a dish, level the top and sprinkle some grated cheese and breadcrumbs over the pasta.
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden.
And hey presto a yummy wholesome meal for all the family.