Pasta Primavera (serves 4)
What you need:
- 1 x chopped onion.
- 1 x can of tuna (circa 120g)
- 1 x 700ml jar chopped tomatoes (polpa) ( or 2 x 400g cans).
- ½ x can of sweetcorn (150g).
- 1 x tbsp. frozen peas.
- ½ x red pepper (or any colour really) – chopped.
- 400g x tagliatelle pasta (or any other preferred pasta)
- 1 tsp. sugar.
- 2 tbsp. olive oil.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Pinch of finely chopped basil.
- Fry the onion with the olive oil for 3 minutes.
- Pour the chopped tomatoes and add 1 teaspoon of sugar to reduce acidity.
- Season with salt and pepper and bring to boil.
- Mix the tuna, sweetcorn, peas and red pepper and continue to stir.
- Add basil, reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
Time – saving tip:
Onions are the base for most meals and chopping onions with small kids around is a nightmare. We find pre-chopped onions in frozen bags so convenient. We particularly <3 Dujardin Frozen onions but any other brand would do.
Cook the pasta until al dente, drain and mix with sauce for a few minutes.
Voila! You have a tasty wholesome meal for all the family… (phew)