It is a well-known fact that after having children, us women tend to spend less and less time on ourselves. Once we have children, the focus is on them, and rightly so. So it is no surprise that the last thing on any mummy’s to-do list is to find out what beauty products would help her look her best.
Our first thought would be “Make-up? How trivial. Yet when asked, most women say that when they are wearing some make-up, they feel more confident, attractive and productive.
But one may think: amidst the thousands of beauty products all claiming to help us look great, how do we know which products to choose? We narrowed it down to the bare necessities and shortlisted 7 basic products you need for a daily polished look 🙂 (We also give you our top 3 picks for each one so you will not have to do the searching)
1. Moisturiser – People underestimate the importance of moisturizing our skin especially our face. Try and keep this important product part of your daily routine. Below are our favorite three products:
2. Concealer – Concealer is used to “conceal” blemishes and bags under our eyes. It is really effective and helps give a smooth base for foundation. Below are our three top picks:
- Sisley Phyto-Cernes Eclat Tinted Eye Concealer
- Nars Cosmetics Radiant Creamy Concealer
- Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat Highlighter
3. Compact foundation – This is really effective at evening out your skin tone and it is also very practical since it combines foundation and powder in one product. Buzymummy’s top three picks are:
- Diorskin Forever compact foundation
- Urban Decay Naked Skin Ultra Definition Powder Foundation
- M·A·C Pro Longwear SPF 20 Compact Foundation
4. Blush – The classic “blush” gives us that warm natural glow and helps accentuate cheekbones. To make the most of your blush, smile and apply the blush on the apples of your cheeks going up towards your ear-bone. Our top three Blush products are:
5. Mascara – Mascara helps accentuate our eyes by thickening and lengthening our lashes. Our top three Mascara products are:
6. Lipstick – Complete the look with some colour on your lips. Our top 3 picks are:
7. Water – Believe it or not what is also really important is what you eat and mostly what you drink. A healthy diet with lots of fresh fruits and veggies, lots of water and minimal alcohol will make skin glow more than any bronzer or cleanser. You’ll feel great too :-).
Watch out for more posts from Buzymummy on ways you can make time for yourself that do not take too much time :).